Fitness trackers have been around for years, with many stand-out brands like Fitbit, Garmin, Samsung and Xiaomi leading the pack. You can pick any fitness tracker from these popular brands without worrying about quality. But if you’re on a budget and is understandably getting confused with the hundreds of options in the market, then the LETSCOM fitness tracker should definitely be on your must-see list.
This Letscom Fitness Tracker Review should help you decide if this smart watch is worthy of your time and money…
Letscom Fitness Tracker Design
The first thing you’ll notice about LETSCOM fitness tracker model ID115Plus HR is how slim and sleek it is. When you wear it, the lock function works effortlessly well, fitting the watch snugly on your wrist without feeling the band might come off.
Of course, the fit would still depend on your wrist size, so here goes more notes about the design:
- Size and weight:
It measures 8.9 x 0.8 x 0.4 inches, weighs only 0.8 ounces and fits wrists measuring 5.4 to 7.6 inches. It feels sturdy enough, but still lightweight and comfortable on the wrist.
- Strap Colors:
The black shiny fitness tracker isn’t the only color available, although it is the most popular. This model also comes in a plethora of other colors, including navy blue, green, pink, purple, and red, all of which in a shiny exterior. The best thing about these strap colors? The silicone straps are interchangeable, so you have the option of wearing which color matches your mood for the day.
This fitness tracker is designed with an OLED 0.96-inch black and white screen, which is easy to read indoors. Like most OLED screens though, the visibility reduces outdoors in direct sunlight. Hard shell protects the sides of your display.
- Wrist-sense technology and Navigation:
Flick your wrist once and the LETSCOM fitness tracker automatically gives you access to the current date and time. If you swipe the display with your finger, you can get important fitness stats like number of steps and heart rate quickly. Tap the watch along the bottom edge (where the virtual button is) and you’ll open up the menu.
- Battery and Charging port:
The cool thing about this fitness tracker is that it doesn’t come with any charging cables or chargers. Yeah you’d probably think the box came incomplete, but you don’t really need any traditional charging accessories. The LETSCOM ID115Plus HR fitness tracker is equipped
with 65mAh battery, which you charge by pulling out the silicone straps and using the built-in USB plug. Each charge (that takes 1-2 hours) gives you 5-10 days of power.
For folks like me who has bad vision, the large fonts are much appreciated.
As for its IP67 water resistance, you can’t go swimming wearing it since this LETSCOM fitness tracker is only splash-proof. It will survive getting splashed on when washing your hands or under the rain, but not when taking a bath or diving.
Out of the box, the LETSCOM fitness tracker comes in three pieces: the 1.5-inch long tracker and two halves of the band. The tracker is designed with two connectors (top and bottom) for the band, one of which is used for charging. Flip over the band and you’ll see the monitor that will be pressed against your skin.
Features of the Letscom Fitness Tracker
The LETSCOM ID115Plus HR fitness tracker is compatible with iOS 7.1, Android 4.4, and Bluetooth 4.0 smartphones and above.
This is a full-featured gadget designed with both fitness-focused and non-fitness features. Check out some of them that stand out:
- Detects, then records steps taken, active minutes spent, distance traveled, calories burned, and so on
- Provides activity data readily-available for 14 exercise modes including walking, running, trekking, hiking, dancing, treadmill, spinning, tennis, basketball, football, badminton, fitness, yoga
- Reminders to move (sedentary alert) that you could set up
- Sleep monitoring – Able to distinguish between light and deep sleep
- Auto/continuous heart rate monitoring
- Wake up “silent” alarm without disturbing others
- Controls music playing on your phone (You do have to initiate your player on the phone first, then control forward or pause via your fitness tracker
- Remote camera shooting control
- Call and SMS alerts
- Relax feature – Guides the user to breath properly as a way to manage stress or anxiety. This is a common feature found in higher-end fitness trackers, so it’s quite impressive to see it here.
- Notifications from apps like Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, Twitter, etc. is allowed, but it can only store up to 10 at a time.
- Eco mode – Enable this feature if you wish to extend battery life beyond the average 5-day period for normal usage
- Find phone feature is very useful for those who always forget where they placed their phones.
- Displays text notifications (only the first 12 letters)
You can customize the display and usage of your fitness tracker. For instance, there are 3 levels of screen brightness and 4 watch faces you can choose from.
Letscom Trackers Performance
What separates LETSCOM fitness tracker with other budget-oriented gadgets is how well it performed.
To know if the features listed above really do work effectively, take a look at this summary of LETSCOM fitness tracker performance:
- Working with the VeryFitPro app:
It is easy to connect the fitness tracker with its app. Just download the app via Google Play or Apple Store, connect the watch to your phone’s Bluetooth, and try it out. The major downside to this is that you can only have one watch synched to the app.
The touch screen, which works mostly with virtual buttons, is responsive. It is easy to explore what this fitness tracker has in store, since the interface is pretty straightforward. You just switch between the 7 modes using the single-button (the only one available externally).
- Battery life:
On average, if you use it for daily workout and sleep monitoring, a full-charge can reach up to a week of use before it requires another charge.
- Accuracy of fitness stats:
All the features above would not matter if the LETSCOM fitness tracker cannot actually track fitness properly, so the accuracy should be a major concern if you’re shopping around for a similar watch.
- Step count:
This watch provides accurate steps, as long as your watch is snugly positioned around your wrist.
- Heart rate:
LETSCOM fitness tracker continuously tracks the resting heart rate 24/7, which it notifies every now and then. It doesn’t track the maximum heart rate continuously though, but it will automatically notify you if you increase activity. Note that you have to give this feature a couple of minutes to adjust at the start of your workout (it usually shows higher heart rates), but it would be accurate a few seconds later.
- Sleep tracking:
The detailed sleep stats are great, especially if you want to know if you’re getting quality sleep. However, the problem with LETSCOM fitness tracker is that it only recognized you are awake if you stood up from your bed. As such, even if you were awake and was just relaxing on the bed, it will still add those minutes to your sleep hours. This means sleep tracking won’t be as accurate as Garmin fitness watches, which are notable for the sleep tracking.
- GPS Accuracy :
The GPS works, as long as you initiate the activity from your VeryFitPro app (on the phone) first. Once you do, the watch automatically starts whichever activity you chose, so if you’re biking outdoors, the LETSCOM fitness tracker should be able to give you your location and routes you’ve taken. Expect a little delay, but not too much that it could affect your activity.
Connecting to Bluetooth is easy and reliable. You won’t have any problem syncing data to the LETSCOM app. If you’re looking for the Apple Watch feature that lets you respond text messages via the fitness band, you won’t find that feature here. This fitness tracker only shows you text notifications (only up to the 10 most current) and you’d have to access your phone to reply back.
- Accurate steps and heart rate monitoring
- GPS data with reasonable distance and location accuracy
- Long battery life
- Responsive screen
- Meditation feature (guiding you through proper breathing techniques)
- Interchangeable straps and availability of several strap colors
- No need to turn on/off (just move your wrist toward you and it automatically “wakes up”
- Lack of a new set of charging cables to think of
- Keeps you from being sedentary by notifying you to get up and move
- Whole-day tracking of steps, calories burned, heart rate, active minutes and sleep
- Very inexpensive (only about 1/4 the price of branded fitness trackers)
- Glare display under direct sunlight
- You can’t leave the app when you’re using GPS to track your activity, routes, or location
- Sleep monitoring doesn’t stop until you stand up from your bed
- Not colored display
More Fitness Tracker Bands From Letscom
Aside from the ID115Plus HR watch, you can also check out more LETSCOM fitness tracker bands, including:
- 1D131 Color HR – It has the same feature as the 1D115Plus HR, except for the display and strap color availability. This version has colored screen and only two strap-color options (black and green).
- 115Plus HR (pedometer fitness tracker) – Slightly cheaper than 1D115Plus HR, probably because it was an earlier model, but it offers the same features, except for a colored display and the Breathing training feature.
- 1D205L – If you like chunkier-looking watch and a fitness tracker that offers more waterproofing protection, this model is IP68-rated, which means it is resistant to submersion up to a maximum depth of 1.5m underwater for up to thirty minutes.
Letscom has already launched around 10 fitness trackers, but others are no longer in production.
Letscom Fitness Tracker App
There isn’t a lot to see on the watch itself, but you’ll definitely find the bells and whistles on the LETSCOM fitness tracker app.
- Download. In the manual, LETSCOM asks to download the mobile app (called VeryFitPro) and use either the iOS or Android QR code to get it free.
- Pair the device. Enable your Bluetooth on the phone, open the app and go to Device>Bind Device. Choose “ID115Plus HR” from the list of devices.
- Navigate the app. You have 5 main buttons (shown by the lowest part of the app):
- Mainpage – The main page summarizes all stats for you in a visual way.
- The “activities” tab shows your number of steps, percentage of target met, calories lost, distance walked, heart rate and other activities you’ve made for the day (so far).
- The “sleep” tab shows the number of hours slept and sleep patterns (how much deep sleep or light sleep you actually had)
- The “heart rate” tab sho
- ws everything about your current and maximum heart rate for the day
- Details – If you wish to check your progress, whether you’re building up the number of steps or improving your sleeping hours, check this page to compare your progress for the week, month, or even year.
- + – This orange-colored plus-sign button is at the center and serves as a pop-up menu to access three things:
- Record activity like walking, running, hiking or others if you’re not wearing the fitness tracker at the moment
- Record various activities like yoga, mountain climbing, or badminton
- Record your weight.
- Device – This is where you can adjust the settings on how your app interacts with the fitness tracker. Set up alerts for all, sedentary, SNS or alarm, camera options, and so on.
- User – Think of this page as your profile page, where you can add information about yourself. Add goals (number of steps you wish to achieve by end of year) and set-up preferences (metric vs. imperial units).
It goes without saying that the VeryFitPro app completes your experience of using LETSCOM fitness tracker. Without the app, you won’t be able to store your fitness data and make monitoring your stats hassle-free and easy-to-see.
Letscom Fitness Tracker Manual
Letscom provides user manual with every fitness tracker box, but if you lost yours or the package didn’t come with the manual, don’t fret. It is readily-available to read here or download to save yourself a copy.
The manual has everything from downloading and pairing the app, setting up your customizations, working with the different features, and even simple troubleshooting of common issues.
I recommend you read the manual at least once and more particularly the health warnings for users with existing health conditions.
Contrary to reviews that LETSCOM’s manual is difficult to read, it is actually quite straightforward. If you own other gadgets manufactured in China, you’ll acknowledge that this manual reads a LOT better than others.
Instructions Letscom Fitness Tracker
Here’s a quick guide on how to set up LETSCOM fitness tracker. Note that you should have downloaded the VeryFitPro by now. Let’s begin with the main functions:
- Main screen – Go to the app and tap on “Device,” then “More,” then “Dial set.” You must then single-tap onto the touch key so you could set-up the next mode (Step Mode.)
- Step mode – Long-press the touch key for two seconds so you can view the detailed step data. Meanwhile, single tap means it will skip detailed step data and continue with the next mode.
- Heart rate mode – If this is the first time you accessed this, the fitness tracker will initiate the heart rate monitor. Note that a number should be posted instead of just a beating-heart drawing.
- Alarm mode – Long press the touch key for two seconds to turn on its alarm function. Make sure you enabled this in the “Alarm alert” section of the app as well, so you could sync your saved times.
- Walk mode – Long press the touch key for two seconds to begin the walk mode. Flip through the walking data (number of steps, calories burned, miles, etc.). Just long-press again for two seconds to quit walk mode.
- Run mode – Same instructions as “walk mode”, except the data presented to you involves running. Continue setting up the last mode by single-tapping the touch key.
Bike mode – Long-press the bike mode to start. During your ride, you can tap on the touch key to access relevant biking data.
Letscom Fitness Tracker vs Fitbit Fitness Tracker
If you’re weighing your options between this LETSCOM fitness tracker vs Fitbit fitness tracker, it is like comparing apples to oranges. There are virtually several Fitbit models that could outperform the LETSCOM without question, so I’m sticking with just the closest-looking one: the Fitbit Alta HR.
- Design: The LETSCOM fitness tracker seems to take inspiration from the Fitbit Alta HR’s design. They both have a thin appearance with sleek-looking display, but the LETSCOM fitness watch is a bit wider than the Alta HR.
- Features and Accuracy: Both devices have heart rate monitoring, activity tracking, GPS, silent alarm, sleep tracking, sedentary alert, call/SMS notifications, etc. All of which work as advertised and provide accurate results on both fitness trackers.
- Adjustable strap: Fitbit Alta HR comes in three sizes (small, large and XL), but the LETSCOM fitness tracker uses a one-size-fits-all band.
- Extra features: LETSCOM has two non-fitness extra features (camera remote and find phone) which are pretty useful especially if you’re just using it as a watch.
Price: This is where LETSCOM wins hands-down
About The Letscom
LETSCOM is a China-based electronics manufacturer that has been selling smart watches, Bluetooth headphones, fitness trackers, car accessories for gadgets, ring light, chargers and other small, electronic devices with features similar to high-end counterparts but a price tag that is much more affordable.
The Mayo Clinic estimated that Americans only walk an average 3,500 steps a day. If you think this is enough, you’d be surprised that the Center for Disease Control and Prevention actually recommends at least 10,000 steps a day for the average adult.
Having a fitness tracker encourages you to up your fitness efforts, but for years, it was quite a niche product reserved for only those who could afford it. However, as this Letscom fitness tracker can attest, your gadget doesn’t necessarily have to cost you an arm and a leg to take advantage of the benefits it could bring.